Xtend Computers updates services

Jillian Dickman

Miami University alumnus Tony Fabrick has been in the computer business for more than 12 years giving back to the community of Oxford.

Xtend Computers, located at 41 E. High St., offers the latest in high end home theater equipment, while providing computer service professionals. Xtend also offers computer and network solutions for businesses as well as Web design and Web application systems, Fabrick said.

"When I was in school at Miami there was a need for these types of services," Fabrick said. "I needed a job to earn money and pay for school and it basically came down to the fact I did not want to work for someone else at a job that would have no benefit to me."

Fabrick graduated from Miami in 2000 with a management and information systems major as well as a marketing major. Six months after graduation, he selected a few business partners and opened up shop.

Junior Megan Groppe works in Fabrick's uptown location.

"I started at Xtend working as the person who checked customer's computers into the system, plugging their personal info into the system and detailing the issues occurring with their specific computer," Groppe said. "Now I serve as the marketing director. I feel as if it is extremely important to service Miami students in an ever-changing market."

Fabrick said the economy has played a major role in the business as far as purchasing sales go.

"Though this past year has been a challenge as far as business goes, we have been doing what we can in these difficult economic times," Fabrick said. "We have been slowly growing and are attempting to develop more products."

Groppe said Xtend recently underwent renovations to modernize the store.

"We recently have remodeled our store and developed in-house tools to manage our work flow more efficiently," Groppe said.

As far as service goes, Xtend IT Manager Erik Snider said Xtend Computers has implemented only a few changes.

"We now offer pick-up services which are more convenient to our customers," Snider said. "It is often cheaper to work on computers in the store than on site which is also beneficial to our customers as well."

Fabrick also owns Xtend Technologies in Broadview Heights, Ohio, just outside of Cleveland. This 6,500-square foot facility offers similar promotions to northeasterners.

"Just recently, we completely remodeled this store as well, streamlining our products more efficiently," Snider said. "We offer more audio and video home theater products here that are available to our customers."