Staff

Tuesday, Nov. 5

Romeo & Juliet

Presented by the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company at 7 p.m. in the Shriver Center Heritage Room. Free admission.

The Hot Summer of ’63: Writer Wil Haygood Takes You There

Wil Haygood, a Miami alum (1976), will give a lecture on his famous Washington Post article that inspired the groundbreaking film “The Butler,” at 7 p.m. in Hall Auditorium. Free admission.

Friday, Nov. 8,

Saturday, Nov. 9

Diwali 2013: Keeping up with the Kapoors

Miami’s Indian Student Association presents Diwali 2013. This year’s show includes seven different dances, on-stage acting, video screen acting and more. Come watch one of Miami University’s most popular shows, winner of 2011 Event of the Year, at 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday in Hall Auditorium. Tickets are $7.

Wednesday, Nov. 13

Stanley Kubrick’s “The Shining,” Great Art and Global Warming

ABC Correspondent Bill Blakemore will give three talks in Psychology, Journalism and Great Art at 4 p.m. Wednesday in Benton Hall 102. Free Admission.

Miami University Steel Band Fall Concert

Steel Band performs at 7:30 p.m. in Hall Auditorium. Tickets are $5 to $7 and are available through the Shriver Box Office.

Friday, Nov. 15

Guest Composer Concert: Mark Applebaum

A concert devoted to the works of Applebaum, including acoustic and electronic compositions, an installation and participatory-guided improvisations at 7:30 p.m. in Souers Recital Hall in the Center for the Performing Arts. Free Admission.

Saturday, Nov. 16

It Gets Better

In 2010, a single internet video offered hope to young people struggling with their sexuality and inspired a world-wide sensation. Now a live performance, It Gets Better uses the performers’ personal stories to tackle broader issues of tolerance and diversity with a narrative of pain, pathos, and comedy. The Miami University Performing Arts Series presents this production with the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles at 7:30 p.m. in Hall Auditorium.Tickets are $9 to $18 and are available through the Shriver Box Office.

Comments