Timeflies concert sells out in no time

Lisa Reymann, Community Editor

An event held Wednesday at Brick Street Bar and Grill brought a milestone for the uptown business during the final week of classes. Brick Street's final concert of the school year, featuring the band Timeflies, became the venue's fastest selling concert all year.

"It probably took less than an hour [for tickets to sell out]," Casey Fry, general manager of Brick Street said. "The day ticket sales began, I arrived at the bar and there already was a line outside the door."

According to Fry, the time in which Timeflies sold out was rivaled only by Gavin DeGraw's show held a month ago.

Brick Street allowed a certain amount of tickets to be bought online, but most were sold in advance at the door, Fry said.

Timeflies is no stranger to Oxford. According to Fry, this concert was the third time the band has played at the bar.

"They performed twice last year, with one opening for the Ying Yang Twins," Fry said. "One of the guys in the band is friends with a student who went here last year, so that's how we were able to get them to come."

Miami University junior Louis Velazquez attended Wednesday's concert snagging a ticket from a friend the afternoon of the show.

"I didn't really know anything about the band other than a few of their songs," Velasquez said. "But the concert was really fun. Brick Street was packed, but my friends were really into it and we had a fun time."

While Fry could not guarantee the promise of summer concerts at Brick Street due to the decrease in the number of students, he said there is always a possibility. If it were to change, the students sticking around Oxford for the summer can expect information to be released on the website, Facebook or Twitter.