Tech Tip: Information security awareness events for regional campuses

Randy Hollowell, Senior Communications & Web Coordinator, IT Services

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month and Miami's IT Services is celebrating in Hamilton and Middletown with a variety of events designed to highlight the importance of keeping your personal information, as well as Miami's, safe and secure. Hamilton events will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 26, and Middletown will host presentations on Wednesday, Oct. 27.

The focus of the event is the presentations that will be given on each campus. Hamilton presentations will take place in Room A of the Wilks Conference Center, while attendees in Middletown can take part in the presentations in Rooms 136/137 of Johnston Hall.  Anyone who attends a presentation will be entered in a raffle for a free laptop lock.  The following presentation schedule will be used on both campuses:

• 10:00 am – Opening remarks / Securing Home and Office Computers
  • 11:00 am – PCI Annual Training
  • 1:30 pm – Facebook Privacy Issues
  • 2:15 pm – Phishing Awareness Tips
  • 3:00 pm – Securing Your Mobile Device

As part of the event there will also be an information booth where students, faculty and staff can stop by and pick up security information, meet with IT Services Staff and pick up coupons for reduced cost laptop locks. The booth will be available from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm and will be located in Schwarm Hall in Hamilton and Johnston Hall in Middletown.

Visit www.muohio.edu/secureit for more information and to view the complete schedule.