Stories from the court: Sarah Chaney

By Sarah Chaney, For The Miami Student

I had always known that Miami was the place for me. I began coming to its volleyball games when I was a kid and I loved going out to the floor at introductions, getting my t-shirt from the players, going out to the court after the game and having the players sign my program. I never imagined that one day I would be on that same floor doing the exact same things for other kids.

I committed to Miami's volleyball team when I was a junior in high school. Even though I had no idea what I wanted to do when I got here, I knew Miami was the place for me after I visited campus for the first time. I loved the fact that it was so close to home, had great academics and a beautiful campus. Four years later and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Here at Miami, I have met great people and made amazing friendships that will last a lifetime. My teammates have been my rock for the past four years and I don't know what I would have done without them by my side. I found a passion in school and couldn't be happier with making psychology my major and marketing my minor. I have had some of the greatest professors that I could have ever asked for and they have really made my academic experience awesome.

Volleyball has made me work harder than anything ever has before, but throughout the process I have learned that I am a lot stronger than I thought I was. I have learned valuable skills that I will carry with me throughout the rest of my life. I am so thankful that my senior season has been as successful as it has been thus far. Having a winning season and making it to the MAC tournament is a huge accomplishment. It is really a great way to go out and I wish nothing but the best for these girls and the program for the rest of their time here as well; they all deserve it.

I really can't believe that I am in my fourth year at Miami; time really has flown by. But as my time here at Miami begins to come to an end, I look back on all the memories that I have had and can't imagine having spent the last four years of my life anywhere else.