Staff

Half-dressed female runs into tree

At around 2:45 a.m. Sunday, officers responded to a call about an intoxicated female on the ground who was unable to get up in the woods at the end of South Poplar Street.

When police arrived, the caller reportedly led them to the place the female was lying, but she was not there. The officer reportedly scanned the nearby field with a flashlight and observed a half-dressed female running 50 yards away in the field.

The officer reportedly identified himself and told the female to stop, but she continued to run away. The officer then began to chase her until she reportedly ran into a tree at full speed on the other end of the field and fell to the ground in the brush.

She was reportedly disheveled, confused and missing her shirt. Her head was also reportedly cut from the tree. She was identified as Miami University junior Hanna Scinto, 19.

Scinto reportedly told the officer she ran because she didn't want to get in trouble. She reportedly admitted to drinking beer at a party earlier in the night and had the odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath.

Scinto was taken to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital where she remained after she was cited for underage intoxication.

Sophomore gives officer unknown substance

At around midnight Saturday, officers observed a male riding a skateboard in the roadway on Tallawanda Street weaving from side to side.

He was identified as Miami University sophomore Patrick Daly, 19. Daly reportedly had a wet red stain on the front of his shirt and shorts, which he said was from a drink that was spilled on him at a party.

Daly reportedly admitted he had been drinking and had slurred speech, bloodshot eyes and was unsteady on his feet.

When the officer asked Daly to empty his pockets, he reportedly gave him a metal container filled with what he said was dip.

When the officer asked what dip was, Daly reportedly said he didn't know but a male named Ed had given it to him and told him to "have a good time with it." The container reportedly held an unknown substance wrapped in aluminum foil and was sent to a lab for analysis because it could not be easily identified.

Daly was cited for underage intoxication and skateboarding on the roadway.

OPD finds junior lying on floor at Jimmy John's

At around midnight Friday, officer observed a female lying on the floor of Jimmy John's as another female attempted to help her up.

The officers reportedly asked the female if she was OK and then tried to help her up. She was reportedly unable to get up and had watery eyes, slurred speech and the odor of an alcoholic beverage about her. The officers placed her in a booth and asked for her ID.

The female reportedly gave them a Miami University business card, tried to stand and then said she couldn't find her student ID or her driver's license. She eventually found both forms of ID and was identified as Miami junior Alyssa Johansen, 20.

Johansen was reportedly taken to Oxford Police Department where she was uncooperative and  argumentative. According to police reports, she refused to provide any information.

Johansen was cited for underage intoxication.