Staff

Male receives citation for feeling up woman's skirt

Amalan Varatharajah, 21, was charged with sexual imposition for assaulting at least one Miami University female, police reports said. Varatharajah admitted to approaching a female at Brick Street Bar and rubbing his hands under her skirt, police reports said.

The female victim told her friend what happened while at the bar and her friend confronted Varatharajah and poured her drink on him, police reports said. Police asked Varatharajah to step outside and he was laughing before showing the female officer what he had done to the victim, police reports said.

Police reports said that Varatharajah said this is what he does to meet girls because "it's too loud to talk" at a bar and he thought the victim "looked interesting."

Officer cites student for drunk driving

Miami first-year Hyn Gik Lee was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated and underage drinking 1 a.m. Sunday while driving without his lights on, police reports said. When the officer asked Lee if had been drinking, he replied "Not really," police reports said.

Upon the fifth or sixth time the officer asked, Lee continued to say, "No, not really," until the officer asked what Lee meant by that, and Lee replied, "I don't think so," police reports said. Lee blew a .16 on a breath test while at the Oxford Police Department and was later released, police reports said.

Sophomore sees police, drops vodka

It was Miami sophomore Robert L. Chambers' red jacket that drew the attention of police 3:45 p.m. Saturday, police reports said. Chambers was struggling to stand with another male, while attempting to hide a large object under his jacket, police reports said.

Police asked Chambers to come over to the car and he let two large plastic bottles of vodka drop to the sidewalk before walking away, police reports said. Police reports said Chambers was cited for littering and underage drinking.

First-year, 32, denies having marijuana

Thirty-two-year-old Miami first-year William Boyd was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia 11:30 p.m. Friday after denying having marijuana in his residence and allowing police to search the apartment, police reports said. Police found marijuana in both bathrooms and a set of finger scales in the half-bathroom, police reports said.