Staff

Male denies throwing bottle through window

At around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oxford Police Department officers responded to the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity house at 130 E. High St. in response to a call of a bottle being thrown through a window.

According to police reports, several residents of the house witnessed a male throw a bottle through the window. The males reportedly told police they saw the person who threw the bottle go into the Old Nash house. When officers went to that residence, a male reportedly answered the door "out of breath and sweating."

The male who answered the door, later identified as 21-year-old Miami University junior Nicholas Kelleher, reportedly told officers he had no knowledge of the incident. Witnesses reportedly identified Kelleher as the male who had thrown the bottle. Kelleher did not admit to throwing the bottle through the window.

Kelleher was arrested and cited with criminal mischief.

Senior Cited for stealing stop sign

At approximately 8:40 p.m Monday, an Oxford Police Department officer reportedly noticed a stop sign hanging on a wall through the window of a residence.

The sign was reportedly easily seen from the street. When asked where the sign had come from, a resident of the house reportedly said he "found the sign a couple years ago."

The officer reportedly noticed a sticker on the back of the stop sign saying "report sign damage or theft" to the city of Oxford.

The male, later identified as 22-year-old Miami University senior Mitchell Heusmann, reportedly insisted to the officer the sticker was not on the sign when it was found.

Heusmann reportedly told officers he was unsure if he was present when the sign was found. The stop sign was reportedly defaced with grafitti.

Heusmann was cited with receiving stolen property.