Staff

THS students receive drinking citations

At around 9:30 a.m. Friday, the Oxford Police Department received a call regarding a young girl reportedly staggering and vomiting on South Beech Street.

The officer responding to the call reportedly noticed a girl leaning on a pole near the Talawanda High School (THS) driveway on E. Chestnut Street.

The female reportedly started to walk again but had to stop to lean on another pole.

The officer reportedly noticed vomit on the girl's jacket. She reportedly also looked pale and her "eyes were rolling in her head."

The officer reportedly detected a strong odor of alcohol on the girl, who was identified as a 15-year-old THS student.

Since school did not begin until 9:45 a.m. due to state testing, the officer took the female to the THS office. The female reportedly threw up in a trashcan while in the office.

Officials reportedly asked the female the names of the people she had been with and those students were also brought to the office.

The group consisted of four 15-year-old males and the 15-year-old female.

The group of students had reportedly arrived at school at 7 a.m., but left when they realized there was testing.

The group reportedly then stole a bottle of vodka from CVS Pharmacy and met at McDonald's to mix the vodka with soda.

The students reportedly drank and then returned to school, accidentally leaving the female behind.

The parents of the students were all contacted. All five of the students were cited for underage intoxication and suspended from school.

Male denies having wallet while holding it

At 12:30 a.m. Sunday, an Oxford Police Department officer on foot patrol outside The Wood's Food and Spirits reportedly noticed a male lying on the sidewalk vomiting. The male was reportedly rolling around in the vomit.

The crowd of people waiting to enter The Wood's reportedly began pointing at the male to draw the officer's attention to him.

The male, later identified as a 19-year-old Miami University first-year, reportedly stood up and walked to the side of a car. Officers reportedly stopped him, who "reeked" of alcohol, looked pale and had vomit on his shirt.

He reportedly told officers he had no identification on him, but when asked a second time he pulled a wallet from his pocket.

The male reportedly dropped the wallet while fumbling for his ID, which was in a flap in the wallet. Officers reportedly noticed he was trying to pull a second ID from behind the first ID.

The male then reportedly told officers he did not have a wallet while he was holding the wallet in his hand.

Officers reportedly asked for the wallet and found a Florida driver's license in front of an Ohio driver's license.

He was arrested and cited for underage intoxication, possession of a fake ID and public intoxication.