Staff

Local Speedway suffers gas and dash

Around midnight Tuesday, Oxford police officers responded to Speedway on Locust Street in regards to theft. It was reported that a driver of a silver GMC pickup truck stole gasoline and drove away. Officers did not locate the suspects in the area after the incident. A worker at the time said when the truck pulled up, there were two white males that were filling their vehicle and who looked to be in their twenties. The worker said the driver was wearing a dark brown jacket and the passenger was in a black jacket. There was no glance of the license plate by the worker or the security video.

Fencing broken near McCullough-Hyde

Around 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, Oxford police officers responded to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital in reference to damage done to the vinyl fence. Officers met with an employee in the parking lot and noticed three portions of the vinyl fence had been knocked out. The fence also was damaged over the weekend but repairs were made Monday. While checking the area, the officers found a cell phone on the ground adjacent to the fence where it was damaged. The owner of the phone is now listed as a suspect.

Around 9:40 a.m. Monday, officers had gone to the hospital in reference to nine other units of fencing being forcibly removed. That damage likely occurred over the weekend and most of the panels can be reused.

Female finds car smashed and scratched

Around 1:25 p.m. Tuesday, an Oxford police officer met with a Miami University student who had damage done to her car. Her Toyota Camry was parked on Tallawanda St. around 12:30 p.m. When she returned around 10:15 p.m., both side mirrors were broken off and there was a large scratch on the driver's door.