Staff, The Miami Student

Officers find intoxicated male in churchyard

At around 2 a.m. Saturday, Oxford Police Department (OPD) officers on patrol noticed a male laying in the yard of Holy Trinity Church.

According to police reports, a second male was trying to help the male up from the ground, but he was unsuccessful.

The male on the ground, later identified as Jared Cohen, 18, was reportedly wearing a sleeveless shirt, shivering and in and out of consciousness.

After several attempts, the officers reportedly could not get Cohen off the ground.

Officers reportedly noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage on Cohen's breath. Cohen also reportedly slurred his speech when he attempted to talk.

According to police reports, the life squad was called and Cohen was transported to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital.

Cohen was cited for underage intoxication and disorderly conduct.

Local reports theft at apartment

At around 5:20 p.m. Tuesday, a male resident of 219 N. Elm St. apartment E reported a break in to Oxford Police Department officers.

According to police reports, the victim of the robbery told officers he was coming home at approximately 3 a.m. Sunday when he observed two males running from his apartment.

The male reportedly noticed his front door had been kicked in and his Playstation 3 and X-Box had been tampered with.

The male also noticed $250 was missing from the apartment.

Resident says car windows busted

At around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, a male reported a shattered window on his parked car.

According to police reports, the male had left his car parked on Bishop Street near Vine Street, and when he returned the driver side window was shattered.

The window reportedly appeared to have been hit by something small, like a BB.