Staff

Junior passes out in drive thru

At around 1:40 a.m. Friday, Oxford Police Department officers were dispatched to McDonald's in response to a male who had passed out in a silver SUV.

Officers reportedly found the male asleep behind the wheel of the vehicle near the drive thru window. The car was reportedly still running and in gear.

An officer reportedly was able to reach through an open window and turn off the vehicle before waking the driver, later identified as Miami University junior Robert Miller.

Miller was reportedly confused and unsure how he had gotten there. He was also reportedly under the impression that he should have a passenger in the car. Miller reportedly had the odor of alcohol on his breath and slurred speech. According to police reports, when Miller was asked for identification he pointed to the windshield and said, "You can have my GPS." Officers reportedly did not see a GPS on the windshield.

Miller reportedly performed poorly on field sobriety tests. Miller was reportedly taken into custody and given the opportunity to take a breath test, which he refused before being charged and released. Miller was cited for operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

Male receives four citations

At around 1:10 a.m. Saturday, Oxford Police Department (OPD) officers were dispatched to the intersection of Poplar Street and Central Avenue in reference to a disorderly male wearing jeans and a gray sweatshirt. Officers reportedly found a male matching the description in the yard of 100 E. Chestnut St. Officers reportedly stopped the male, later identified as Miami University first-year Carl Weigel, 19, and noticed his clothes were wet. Weigel also reportedly had the odor of alcohol on his breath and could barely stand.

When officers asked Weigel what he was doing, he reportedly pointed to the house and said he was "going home." Weigel also reportedly said he could not be arrested because he "got a code one three years ago."

Weigel reportedly provided officers with a Texas driver's license belonging to a 23-year-old. Weigel reportedly said he did not have a student ID. Weigel also reportedly told officers his name was Kyle and said he was "of legal drinking age."

Weigel reportedly told officers several birthdays, none of which matched the Texas driver's license. According to police reports, Weigel also said he was from Colorado before saying he was from Kentucky. Weigel was arrested and taken to OPD, where a search reportedly led to Weigel's valid student ID.

While being processed, Weigel reportedly fell asleep in the booking room and officers could barely wake him. He also reportedly vomited on himself, and the life squad was called to transport him to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital.

Weigel was cited for underage intoxication, possession of a fake ID, obstructing official business and disorderly conduct.