Staff

Nude intruder Goldilocks self in bathroom

At 1:31 a.m. Friday, OPD officers responded to a report of a burglary in process in the 100 block of South Beech Street.

A resident said she was in her bed when she was awoken by an unrecognized, pantsless female standing in her doorway. The resident then roused her sleeping roommates and, upon their return to the bedroom, found the scantily-clad intruder asleep in the bed.

The residents attempted to wake the female, but throughout their attempts, they claimed the girl pretended to be asleep while grinning mischievously. Eventually, the residents were successful, and, as the sleepy nudist rolled off the mattress, she sprang up and ran into another room, where she slipped into bed with another sleeping resident.

Yet again, the residents returned to the now-Sisyphean task of removing the girl from a bed. Again, after being removed from the mattress, the female ran into the bathroom and locked the door behind her.

At this point, residents called OPD. When the officers arrived and entered the bathroom, it was empty. While taking the residents' statements, one officer noticed a similarly pantsless female running eastbound down West Collins Street. She was ordered to stop, but continued running until she arrived on a doorstep.

The residents of that particular address said they did not know the female, and she was arrested and taken to Butler County Jail. She was charged with burglary and obstructing official business.

Float like a butterfly, punch like a drunkard

At 1:31 a.m. Saturday, an OPD officer was driving northbound in the 100 block of North Poplar Street when a bartender from The Wood's Bar flagged him down.

According to OPD, the officer pulled up to the bar and saw two employees restraining a male who had reportedly just punched another male in the face.

The male at the other end of the blow was standing nearby holding his face, which was covered in blood. The officer confronted and detained the male being restrained by bar employees, then called life squad for the injured man.

An employee who witnessed the incident said the aggressor had taken 10 sprinting steps toward the other male and punched him square in the face. The male fell backward into a car. The witness summed up the entire altercation as a "standing TKO."

Another employee told OPD there had been some sort of altercation inside the bar, which was later determined to be an argument between the males about cutting in line to get drinks at the bar.

According to OPD, the puncher was walking out of the bar after the argument and was choked by the other from behind. They were then kicked out of the bar and onto the sidewalk where the knockout occurred.

The victim, according to OPD, smelled of alcohol, kept changing his name, and spoke incoherently. He handed the officer a driver's license belonging to his older brother. He was taken to McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital and was cited for sales to and use by underage persons and certain acts prohibited.

The puncher was charged with assault and released to a friend at the station.