A fire house mix up

At 9:53 p.m. on Saturday, officers responded to a report of a male student wandering around the squad bay of the Oxford Fire Department in a highly intoxicated state. The officers noticed that he was unsteady, heavily slurring his speech and smelled of alcohol. When asked where he thought he was, the male replied, "I'm at Brick Street." He was evaluated by the Life Squad, and later remembered being at Brick Street earlier in the night with friends, but he could not remember leaving the bar or how he got into the Fire Department. There were no signs of damage to the secured building. He was cited with Offenses Involving Underage Persons and taken back to his residence on campus.

Male student found unconscious in street

At 1:31 a.m. on Sunday, officers responded to a call from residents at a home on West Sycamore regarding a male student passed out in the entryway of their residence. Upon arrival, the offers saw that the male had no shoes, a laceration on his foot and was lying in a puddle of vomit. The officers found the male's ID, which they confirmed through Miami databases. The male remained unconscious for the duration of the encounter and was subsequently transported to McCullough-Hyde Hospital for treatment. He was cited for Offenses Involving Underage Persons and Intoxication to a Harmful Condition.

Shivering intruder

At 2:19 a.m. on Saturday, two officers responded to a call from residents in an apartment to a male attempting to enter their residence. The officers observed a shirtless male student scratching at the window of the residence while muttering to himself. He appeared to be highly intoxicated and kept whispering "I'm so cold." He struggled to procure his license for the officers, who placed him in the back of the cruiser in an attempt to warm him. The officers proceeded to take the male home, but when they approached his residence, he became very nervous and began to have a conversation with himself, at which point the officers contacted Life Squad to evaluate the male's condition. He was cited with Intoxication to a Harmful Condition and taken to McCullough-Hyde Hospital.