Staff

Female assaults student for kissing boyfriend

Tuesday Oct. 16, around 6:45 p.m, the Oxford Police Department (OPD) responded to an assault at the Kroger parking lot. When officers arrived they found the victim crying. The victim stated that she was putting groceries in her car, when sophomore Paige Landon came up to her and asked for her name, according to OPD. When the victim stated her name, Landon punched her in the lower left part of her jaw, according to OPD. The victim told officers that Landon's motivation for punching her was because she had kissed her boyfriend about a month prior. When officers arrived at Landon's residence, Landon admitted she had punched the victim and was cited for assault, according to OPD.

X-Box game and nine beers stolen from house

Items from a house at 217 W. Church St. were taken sometime between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15. The resident realized the house had been burglarized when he went to play X-Box later that day and found it missing. Other items missing included nine beers and a backpack.

Male hyperventilates at Oxford police station

Saturday 1:56 a.m., OPD was dispatched to Will's Pizza in response to an assault outside Brick Street Bar & Grill. Officers spoke to the victim, who was bleeding heavily from the nose. Two witnesses told officers that the suspect, identified as first-year Brandon Bousman, was inside Will's Pizza, according to OPD. The witnesses told officers that Bousman had punched the victim outside of Brick Street after being thrown out of the bar for throwing a bottle, according to OPD. Bousman was retrieved from inside Will's Pizza and brought to the station where he was uncooperative. According to OPD, he told officers: "Please kind Sir, don't beat me," and at one point he purposely began hyperventilating. The victim was brought to McCollough-Hyde Memorial Hospital where doctors confirmed that his nose had been broken.