Staff

Male attacks victim for taking pictures of his car

Wednesday around 2:43 a.m., an Oxford Police Department (OPD) officer responded to a report of a fight on East Church Street. The officer arrived at 108 E. Church St. to find a group of approximately 12 people looking around a grassy area for a lost phone, according to OPD. The victim, whose phone they were searching for, had been assaulted earlier while walking in the 0 block of East Church Street. The unnamed offender, who was driving a Malibu, spotted the subject talking on his phone and accused him of taking pictures of his car. The male then exited his vehicle, shoved him to the ground and threw his phone on the ground, according to OPD. The victim suffered a minor cut on his right hand from the fall.

OPD receives two cases of damaged vehicles

There were two cases of criminal damage to vehicles within the past week. In one incident, the victim reported that sometime Saturday night, someone had shattered the windshield of her car while it was parked on South Beech Street. In a separate incident, a victim reported the front hood of his vehicle had been damaged sometime between Wednesday and Thursday.

Male wants to seek revenge on attacker

Saturday night an Oxford Police Officer responded to a case of assault on High Street in front of the Municipal Building. A bystander and friend of the victim stated that he and his friend were walking eastbound in front of 101 E. High St. when they were approached by a group of four males who began to engage in a verbal confrontation with the victim. The argument escalated when the victim fell to the ground after being punched in the jaw from behind, according to OPD. The victim suffered a head abrasion; however, when asked if he'd like to press charges, the victim stated that he would rather seek revenge on his assailant, according to OPD. The two males were not able to provide a description of the attacker or any of the other individuals who were a part of the group.