Staff

Fraternity houses stolen street signs

Around 3 a.m. Saturday an Oxford Police Department officer received a call from a witness saying he observed two male subjects take the stop sign and pole from the intersection on Collins Street and Poplar Street.

The witness said he watched them take the sign into the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house at 122 S. Campus Ave. The officer spoke to the fraternity president, Miami University junior Mack Santora, who said he would check the house. The sign and post were located in one of the hallways and then replaced.

It was then discovered that the other sign and post from the intersection were gone. The second sign was in the house but the post was not. The Oxford Streets and Maintenance Division responded to replace the signs. Santora said he would take responsibility for financial losses the city incurred.

Angry ex-girlfriend refuses to leave house

Around 2:45 a.m. Sunday an Oxford Police Department officer responded to a call from 11 W. Rose St. reporting an unwanted person. Upon the officer's arrival he met with the resident who said his ex-girlfriend, Brianna M. Bolt, would not leave his property. He said she refused to leave and had already hit him several times, but he said he did not want to press charges.

As the officer spoke with the resident, Bolt walked up and took two swings at him but missed because the officer restrained her. Because she was trying to inflict harm, Bolt was placed under arrest and transported to the station where she was processed. She received a citation for disorderly conduct and was released to her friend.

Boy tracks stolen phone heading to Kentucky

Around 8:45 p.m. Sunday a Miami University sophomore reported his iPhone was taken while he was a Buffalo Wild Wings. He said while he was waiting for his food he set his phone down on the bench next to him and after leaving the restaurant he noticed he had left his phone behind.

He went back inside and asked the employees if they had found it, but they had not. Later that day he began to track his phone and he tracked it southbound on U.S. Route 27 headed toward Kentucky. The last known location of the phone was at the corner of Mulberry Street and Sycamore Street in Cincinnati.

Girl reports assualt from bar owner

Around 12:30 a.m. Saturday a female called the Oxford Police Department to report she had been assaulted at The Wood's Bar by the owner, Ted Wood. She and her friend said they were trying to pass girls in line in order to get into the women's restroom to get to the mirror. The owner told them to go to the back of the line and they said they complied.

They said Wood then aggressively pulled them through the bar and outside while he, "hit her in the face with her own hand." The victim's friend yelled for Wood to let her go and the girls left and called the police. They also reported they have seen Wood abuse others at the bar before. There were no physical signs of injury on the female, however she told officers she wished to pursue charges.