Staff

Car owner discovers broken side mirror

Around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, officers met with a victim at the Oxford Police Department due to damage on their car. The victim said that sometime between 7:00 a.m. Sunday and 3:30 p.m. Monday an unknown person(s) broke the driver's side mirror on his truck. The vehicle was parked on Bishop Street when the incident occurred.

Rumpke trash can missing from property

Around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, an officer met with a complainant in reference to a stolen trashcan. The victim said the Rumpke can was taken from the residence sometime during spring break.

Fraternity reports air conditioning heist

Around 11:30 a.m. Saturday, the Delta Chi Fraternity reported three large outside air conditioning units stolen by unknown subjects(s). Two units were located on the southwest side of the house and one was located on the northeast side of the house. There are no suspects at this time.

Female wakes to find strange male in house

Around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, officers responded to a 911 call about a burglary. Officers met with the residents of 318 N. Main St. and the resident said she was sleeping when she heard a person on the stairway on the second floor.

When she got out of bed, there was a white male with a black t-shirt at her bedroom door. The resident yelled and the male went downstairs and then out the front door. The resident woke up the other residents and called 911. Another officer was called to the scene and on the way spotted the male matching the description. The officer stopped the male approximately two blocks away from the house and identified him as Miami University junior Kevin Ritz.

The officer drove the residents of the house to the male and who positively identified him. Ritz was brought back to the station where he submitted a Breathalyzer test. His alcohol level was .112.

Ritz continued to yell at the officer, saying he had not gone in the house. He was then transported to Butler County Jail where he was charged with burglary.