Staff

Victim reports stolen refrigerator to OPD

Around 3:09 p.m. Tuesday, an OPD officer was dispatched to a residence on Bouden Lane regarding the theft of a refrigerator.

Police make DUI arrest in McDonald’s drive thru

Around 11:51 p.m. Wednesday, an OPD officer was in the drive-thru lane of McDonald’s when a drive thru attendant notified him of an intoxicated driver behind him in line. The officer approached the driver, senior Sarah Sliwowski, according to OPD. The officer could detect a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from Sliwowski, as well as slurred speech and bloodshot eyes, according to OPD. He asked her if she had been drinking and she replied she had had one drink earlier in the night, according to OPD.

The officer ask her to step out of her vehicle in which she informed him he had not read her Miranda Rights. She stated she was a business law major. Sliwowski refused to exit the vehicle, according to OPD. At this time, another officer was called to the scene. This time she complied and exited her vehicle. The officers asked to perform three field sobriety tests. During the first test, she began to become emotional. By the third test she became belligerent and was using offensive language, according to OPD. Sliwowski was then taken into custody for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol and was transported to OPD. She agreed to a breath test, which resulted in a BAC of .131, according to OPD. She was released to the care of her friend. Sliwowski was charged with operation a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to OPD.

Comments