Staff

McDude just wants some McNuggets

At 1:45 a.m. Saturday, OPD was dispatched to 601 S. Locust St., McDonalds, in response to an unmoving vehicle at the third drive-thru window. The complainant stated the black Subaru would not move, the occupant claiming he had not received his entire order. McDonalds' staff refuted this, OPD said, and reported they believed he was intoxicated.

When the officer approached the car, the window was down, the dome light was on and the white male in the driver's seat was eating his McMeal. When asked what he was doing, the male responded in a slow, deliberate and slurred voice that he was "waiting for his food." When asked what food, he replied, "nuggets." However, on the passenger seat was sprawled a spilt box of McNuggets, according to OPD. The call had been placed to the police after he refused to stop asking for his nuggets.

When the officer mentioned the nuggets in the passenger seat, the male responded, "still waiting nuggets." When asked if he had been drinking, he responded, "waiting nuggets."

The officer, noticing the driver's eyes were red, asked him to exit the vehicle. The male rolled up the window, and began to drive forward. The officer slammed his hand on the window and told him to turn off his engine.

Unsteady, the male spilled out of his car, and the officer noticed a smell of alcohol on the man. The first time he was asked, the male responded he had not been drinking. After further questioning, he admitted to having consumed three or four beverages, OPD said.

It was determined the male was underage, and, given his apparent intoxication, the rainy conditions and the male's unsteadiness, the officer took the male into custody to prevent him from driving.

While handcuffing the male, the officer noticed he was wearing two wristbands, one from 45 East and the other from the Hatch.

At the station, the suspect agreed to a Breathalyzer test. His BAC was measured at .226. He was charged with OVI and sales to and use by underage persons. OPD described him as cooperative and respectful. He was driven back to his residence hall.

Mysterious white pills found in Walmart bag

Around 3 a.m. Sunday, an OPD officer executed a traffic stop at the intersection of College Corner Pike and Melanie Lane. The officer who pulled over the 1997 black Ford believed the vehicle had an outstanding traffic violation that needed to be served.

Upon contact with the driver, the officer found the vehicle's registered owner in the passenger seat, along with two females in the back. The officer asked if there were any illegal substances in the car, and all passengers responded no. When asked if the officer could search the car, the driver again said no.

The officer then requested K9 unit backup, and when they arrived, the assisting officer asked all four occupants to exit the vehicle. The dog began barking, indicating something was amiss in the vehicle, according to OPD.

The dog ripped open a clear sandwich baggie containing round white pills, packaged in a suspicious way. The baggie was in a Walmart bag along with clothes, which the owner admitted to owning, yet denied he owned the pills. No occupants had outstanding warrants, and were released pending an analysis of the pills, according to OPD.

If the test reveals the pills in question are illegal narcotics, a warrant will be issued for the owner of the vehicle, according to OPD.