News briefs

Playwright alum to perform, discuss life after collegeRajiv Joseph, a playwright and Miami University alum '96, is coming to Miami's campus March

2 and 3. A staged reading of Joseph's play Animals Out of Paper will occur at 7 p.m. March 2 in Studio 88, in the basement at the Center for Performing Arts.

Joseph's play received positive reviews from critics in New York when it opened last summer. Joesph will also have an informal Q & A session at 5 p.m. March 3 in Bachelor 337.

Topics will include opportunities available to those graduating with a bachelor's degree in creative writing and how to get a start in New York.

This two-day visit to Miami will be Joseph's first visit since his graduation in 1996.

His latest play, Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, will be premiering in May at the Kirk Douglas Theater in Los Angeles.

German-Jewish relations discussed at symposiumA symposium discussing German-Jewish relations will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 1 and 9 a.m to 6 p.m March 2 in the Green Room at Hall Auditorium.

The two-day event will be hosted by the department of German, Russian and East Asian languages and is entitled "Cultures Entwined: German-Jewish Relations, Historical and Contemporary Perspectives." The symposium will feature panel discussions on "Rebirth of a Culture" and "German-Jewish Relations in Literature and Culture."

Representatives from the Moses Mendelssohn Society, based in Dessau, Germany, will take part in the discussions, alongside Miami University faculty and students. The Max Kade Foundation and John W. Altman Fund of the Humanities are sponsoring the program, which is free and open to the public.

Bicentennial logo address labels, stamps availableMiami University's Bicentennial logo will continue to make its way around the world on a postage stamp issued by the United States Postal Service.

Available at the Shriver Center box office and the post office at Wells Hall, the stamps cost $10.40 for a sheet of 20, with the additional cost due to a premium on special order stamps.

Personal return address labels are also available featuring the alumni association logo as well as the Bicentennial logo in sheets of 60 labels.

More information can be found at www.MiamiAlum.org/merchandise or by contacting Carol Hensley by phone at 529-3519.