Million dollar men: Who gets paid the most at Miami?

Lauren Ceronie, Campus Editor

(ERIN KILLINGER | The Miami Student)

Every October, Miami University releases the University Salary Roster that includes the pay of all full-time employees at Miami. The salary roster is public record and can be found at King Library. Since the October release however, Miami's roster of employees has changed, including employees in the upper-echelons of the university. Here's an updated list of the five highest paid people at Miami:

1. Don Treadwell- $400,000.

Miami will welcome the new head football coach with the highest salary in the university, according to General Counsel Robin Parker. This salary will top former head coach Mike Haywood's $300,000 salary. Treadwell's salary is not "inordinately high" when compared to Big 10 schools, according to Parker.

Treadwell's paycheck is based off Haywood's salary at the time of his departure from Miami, according to Jason Lener, deputy director for athletics. After Miami's football team won the Mid American Conference, Haywood received an increase in salary, which then transferred to Treadwell. Treadwell will also be eligible for bonus pay throughout the year for his team's academic and athletic success, according to Lener.

2. Dr. Roger Jenkins- $381,881.

Jenkins is a professor and dean of the Farmer School of Business. Jenkins' salary is based on the market for professors and deans in business, according to Parker. This means Jenkins' paycheck is based on salaries in business schools across the country, according to Parker. Salaries in this market tend to be higher than in other academic divisions, according to Parker.

"In higher education, the pay range is driven by the underlying discipline," Parker said.

3. President David Hodge- $380,000

While some may be surprised that Hodge is not the highest paid employee at Miami, this is not uncommon at universities, according to Parker.

"It's not unusual for the president not to be the highest paid person at an institution," said Parker.

Hodge's salary is competitive in the Ohio market as well as with schools of similar size, according to Parker. The salary roster also does not take into account the value of Hodge's house and car, Parker said.

4. Conrado "Bobby" Gempesaw- $310,000

Gempesaw will take the position of provost and executive vice president of academic affairs at Miami May 1. Before coming to Miami, Gempesaw was dean of the Lerner College of Business and Economics at the University of Delaware. Gempesaw's salary will top current Interim Provost John Skilling's pay of $250,000.

Like Jenkins, Gempesaw's pay is also based on what other university provost's are paid.

5. Enrico Blasi- $300,000

The man who has his name chanted by hundreds of students on a regular basis and has his own personalized Tuffy's smoothie rounds out the top five highest paid people at Miami. Blasi has been leading Miami's hockey team as head coach for the past 12 years and has signed a contract to stay through the 2016-2017 hockey season. Like Treadwell, Blasi's salary is also based on the salaries of other conference hockey coaches, according to Lener. Blasi is also eligible for bonus pay throughout the season for academic and athletic success, Lener said.

"We're very fair with what we're paying Coach Blasi and Coach Treadwell," Lener said. "When you've got good leaders on and off the field you want to keep them around."