Live hockey updates: Miami vs. Ohio State

Your reporting crew at The Miami Student, from left to right, sports editor Katie Giovinale, editor in chief Catherine Couretas, and hockey beat reporter Erika Hadley.

Catherine Couretas, Editor in Chief

Your reporting crew at The Miami Student, from left to right, sports editor Katie Giovinale, editor in chief Catherine Couretas, and hockey beat reporter Erika Hadley. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

PUCK DROP FOR TOMORROW NIGHT'S GAME WILL BE AT 7:05 PM AT THE GOGGIN ICE CENTER.

OSU wins in OT with a goal by #44 Sergio Somma. 

Sudden death overtime begins. Miami currently with 44 SOG this game, OSU with only 18.

About to begin a 15 minute intermission followed by a 20 minute period of sudden death play.

Miami scores the tying goal, unassisted by #30 Pat Cannone. 

Miami's third goal of the night scored shorthanded by #14 Vincent LoVerde, assisted by #11 Carter Camputer and #5 Cameron Schilling.

OSU scores their fourth goal of the night, leading Miami 4-2. Goal by #12 Matt Bartkowski, assisted by #26 Peter Boyd. Goal was on an OSU powerplay.

Less than two minutes into the third period, Miami had twice the number of SOG as OSU (26-13).

At the end of the second period, OSU up 3-2. Third to start with an OSU powerplay (1:58 remaining).

Second goal for Miami with 1:36 remaining in the second. Goal by #20 Pat Cannone, assisted by #19 Jarod Palmer. Miami coming back, trailing OSU 2-3.

Miami's first goal of the night at 14:49 in the second. Goal by #13 Trent Vogelhuber, assisted by #8 Brendan Smith and #20 Pat Cannone. Miami trails OSU by 2.

OSU scores their third goal of the night at 6:57 in the second. Goal by #8 Hunter Bishop assisted by #19 Zac Dalpe.

Miami's Steven Spinell (#44) given 5 minute major for checking from behind and game misconduct penalty at 5:55 in the second. Penalty being served by #8 Brandon Smith.

Second period begins with two SOG for Miami in the first :30, OSU still up 2-0 with 9 SOG for both teams.

Second goal for OSU with 2:36 remaining in the first. Goal by #9 Patrick Schafer with assists by #10 Kyle Reed and #11 Mathieu Picard. OSU up 2-0.

OSU has 5 shots on goal (SOG) before Miami's first.

5:58 of first period, RedHawks on powerplay.

First goal for OSU, 2:21 in the first, by #19 Zac Dalpe assisted by #15 John Albert. OSU on powerplay.

20 left in regulation to force overtime. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

The 'Hawks celebrate their second goal of the game during the second period. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

Senior Jarod Palmer (center) disrupts the play of the Buckeyes early in the second period and saves a goal. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

Junior Pat Cannone (#20) and sophomore Trent Vogelhuber (#13) lock down the 'Hawks zone. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

Shots on goal and goals allowed were in Ohio State's favor after the first period as Miami looks to rally back. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

The rest of the team looks on as the Hawks attempt to score their first goal. After the first period it is 2-0, Ohio State. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)

Miami earned a comeback victory last night versus Ohio State and leads the best-of-3 series 1-0. (SCOTT ALLISON | The Miami Student)