’Hawks face Providence and New Hampshire

Miami sophomore midfielder/forward Geagy Pritchard attempts to get past a Northwestern defender during Miami’s 5-1 loss.

By Sadie Martinez, For The Miami Student

The Miami University women's field hockey team is on the road this weekend, facing the University of New Hampshire (2-6) and Providence College (5-3).

The RedHawks are coming off of a 10-1 win over Appalachian State Saturday, and a 3-0 loss to No. 1 University of North Carolina Sunday. The RedHawks are currently 2-7 overall and 1-0 in their conference.

"Even though our record doesn't really reflect it, we still have a lot to be proud of," senior back Ali Froede said. "We're in a really good spot right now."

Froede feels the rest of the games they play will be equal in competition, compared to the previous games the RedHawks have played this season.

"We are in control of the rest of our games, and it's going to be hard," Froede said. "It's a 50-50 chance, whoever shows up to play is going to come up on top. We have to make sure we show up ready and I think we'll have a good chance."

Senior back Gabby Goldach feels the team is competing well with the highly ranked competitors they have been facing this season.

"As a team we are playing better than we ever have," Goldach said. "Given our records and our opponents, we are doing well."

Goldach said the RedHawks are trying not to concentrate on the name of their opponent, but their own game.

"We are going to continue to play our best and not let the name on the jersey in front of us sway how we play," Froede said.

The RedHawks play the University of New Hampshire 6 p.m. Friday in Durham, New Hampshire and Providence College noon Sunday in Providence, Rhode Island.