Gift shop relocates to Stewart Square

After moving to the Stewart Square complex, Ball of Oxford, a flower and gift shop, will hold its grand reopening Nov. 22.

Vince Alexander

The Ball of Oxford, a flower and gift shop, will be relocating from the uptown district to the Stewart Square complex.

According to Doudi Wolke, owner of the Ball of Oxford, the new location will have a more modern contemporary look.

"The store is going to have a different feel to it," Wolke said.

According to Wolke, the store specializes in high quality gifts, gourmet foods, flower arrangements and gift baskets.

Wolke said the store has outgrown its current location and wants to be able to carry a larger selection of products, which the new location will allow.

Construction began on the new site early this summer, and the grand-opening is scheduled for 9 a.m. Nov. 22.

"We are all very excited for the move and the grand opening," Wolke said. "We're ready to get it done."

Wolke said that Santa Claus will be at the grand opening from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. The store will be serving refreshments throughout the day, and will be revealing a special piece of art that will be a focal point in the new store. However, details about the piece of art won't be revealed until the event.

According to Wolke, the Ball of Oxford is currently located in a 200-year-old building, a space the Ball of Oxford has occupied for 64 years.

"After (64) years, we have outgrown our space and we need to cater to our larger customer basis," Wolke said. "I'm not one to sit on my hands and do things, I like to venture out and do new things."

Wolke said the new store will include more home decor and gourmet foods, and will feature a walk-in cooler that will house fresh flowers for bouquets, corsages and flower arrangements.

"We will have a much larger selection of high-quality specialty products," Wolke said. "Also, the new space will have much more parking and easier access."

Wolke said that the Ball of Oxford does a lot of the flower arrangements for Miami University, such as the Charter Day Ball and the Shriver Center.

According to Wolke, the store also receives a lot sorority customers looking for specialty gifts or flower arrangements.

"I love buying gifts from the Ball of Oxford and am definitely looking forward to checking out their new location," said Miami University sophomore Lauren DeYoung.

According to Wolke, most people in the community have been very supportive and in favor of the move.

"I am confident that the old space will rent, and we are pushingourselves to get ready on-time for the move," Wolke said.