Arts & Events Calendar

Staff

Tuesday April 1

The Miami University Percussion Ensemble will perform a free concert at 7:30 p.m. in Hall Auditorium. The program includes two original works composed by LaMattina.

Wednesday  April 2

The Brown Bag Recital Series will feature solo and group performances by faculty and students at noon in the Armstrong Student Center's Shade Family Room.

Thursday April 3

Actress Geena Davis presents "The Role of Women in Media in Leadership" hosted by the Miami University Student Foundation and the Office of University Advancement. The lecture starts at 5 p.m. at the Armstrong Student Center Pavilion. Tickets can be reserved by emailing maggie.patrick@miamioh.edu.

Friday April 4

Spend the night dancing to Jericho Old Time Band at the Hoedown Square Dance, hosted by the Oxford Community Arts Center. No experience or partner is necessary, so grab a friend and head Uptown for the 7:30 p.m. event! Tickets are $7 for public, $5 for Miami students.

Saturday April 5

"Proof" by American playwright David Auburn will be performed at Phelps Hall, Room 307 at the Hamilton Campus. The play depicts a daughter fighting to prove her diseased father discovered a paradigm-shifting proof about prime numbers. Tickets are $10 general admission and $5 for students and seniors and can be purchased online at http://proofhamilton.brownpapertickets.com/.

Sunday April 6

The Oxford Kinetics Festival kicks off at noon in Millet Hall. This year's theme, "Not of This World," is all about the weird and wacky. Bring your friends and your best human-powered contraption for a family-friendly afternoon!

Monday April 7

Eliot Borenstein of New York University will present his lecture "Catastrophe of the Week: Entertaining the Apocalypse in Post-Soviet Russia" as part of the Havighurst Center Colloquia Series: Rethinking the Communist Experiment. The event is free and open to the public at 11:30 a.m. in Harrison Hall 302.