Arts & Events Calendar

Staff

Tuesday, March 11

Michael Angelo DiLauro of Robert Morris University will present his documentary, "La Mia Strada (My Road)" which "offers personal perspective on ethnicity and culture linked to ancient and contemporary Italian culture and history of families divided by an ocean with its Italian-American counterpart." The event is 7:30 p.m., Irvin, room 40.

Wednesday, March 12

The Miami Wind Ensemble delves into chamber music with a performance of Mozart's Quintet in E flat major for Piano and Winds, K. 452 with pianist and Chair of the Department of Music Bruce Murray at 7:30 p.m. in Hall Auditorium.

Thursday, March 13

Queens College's Amy H. Winter will explore the Art Museum's "Reading the Signs: The Art of H.A. Sigg" through discussion of the language of the natural world invented by Sigg. The lecture begins at 6 p.m. at the Art Museum auditorium.

Friday, March 14

Stage Left, Miami's student-run musical theater organization, will perform 'Moon Over Buffalo'7 p.m. in the Armstrong Student Center's Wilks Theater. Tickets are free and can be purchased at the box office in the Shrive Center.

Saturday, March 15

Faculty musicians Harvey Thurmer, violin, and Frank Huang, piano, will present a program of Mozart, Saint Saens, and a premier of Mark Lehman's Sonatina for Two Violins featuring violinist Amy Kiradjieff, as part of a weeklong celebration of Mozart. The recital is at 3 p.m. at Souers Recital Hall, Center for Performing Arts.

Sunday, March 16

Duo Montagnard, comprised of saxophonist Joseph Murphy and guitarist Matthew Slotkin, will perform at Souers Recital Hall, Center Performing Arts, at 7:30 p.m. Past programs include compositions by Astor Piazzolla to Toru Takemitsu.

Monday, March 17

Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas will present his lecture, "Define American: Lets Talk About Immigration" and discuss experience writing for the nation's leading news organizations. Tickets are free and are available March 12 for the Miami community and March 15 for the general public at the box office in Shriver Center.