It’s the Great Pumpkin (flavored foods), Charlie Brown: The best pumpkin flavored foods in Oxford

Uptown Blends, located on High Street, has an array of fall-inspired drink options on its September menu.

There’s a chill in the air — at least hopefully there will be soon — and with that chill comes Halloween, sweaters and, most importantly, seasonal foods! Arguably the most delicious flavor of the fall months is pumpkin, with an honorable mention for apple. 

An iconic staple of this new season is the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, but for those looking to stray away from the popular Starbucks beverages, Oxford has a handful of seasonal fall foods and beverages as well.

Fridge & Pantry

Having recently opened its espresso bar last semester, Fridge & Pantry has a few pumpkin additions to its menu. The sandwich and salad restaurant offers pumpkin spice lattes, served iced or hot, as well as a pumpkin cream cold foam that can be served atop cold-brew or another beverage of choice, perhaps a chai tea. 

Fridge’s September smoothie of the month is also pumpkin chai flavored. The smoothie is made with chai, almond milk, pumpkin, banana and pumpkin syrup. Additionally, Fridge has an apple cider beverage as well, if pumpkin is not for you.

Photo by Kaitlin McDowell | The Miami Student
Fridge & Pantry now offers a selection of pumpkin-flavored drinks on its menu.

Graeter's

Graeter's Ice cream announced the return of its pumpkin ice cream flavor this month, which, like other flavors, is deliciously creamy. This flavor can also be served as a sundae or a milkshake.

Uptown Blends

Uptown Blends, formerly known as Red Brick Lounge, has included pumpkin in its flavors of the month. The protein smoothie store released three new pumpkin flavors: chocolate chip pumpkin, pumpkin banana bread and pumpkin blondie coffee. But for those who don’t favor the pumpkin aspect of fall, Uptown Blends is also offering apple cinnamon oatmeal, apple crisp cheesecake and apple macchiato-flavored protein blends.

Oxford Farmers Market

Every Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon, the Oxford Farmers Market, located Uptown, has a wide selection of seasonal products, from fresh apple cider and apples picked off the trees to seasonal fruits and vegetables. The market also has baked goods, bagels and breads, some of which are pumpkin flavored. Lastly, the market sells pumpkins, which can be the perfect fall decor for outside one’s house or to carve!

Make sure to check out all the fall foods Oxford has to offer before the season ends.

mcdowekr@miamioh.edu