OPD responds to numerous reports of unconscious individuals

Between Sept. 9 and Sept. 16, Oxford police responded to 20 incidents, according to the Oxford Police Department’s reports.

On Sept. 10 at 2:00 p.m., in the 100 block of E. High St., an individual reported that he delivers groceries for two different businesses. The day before when picking up an order from one of the businesses, he discovered that someone was using his name for an order. There are no suspects at this time.

At 2:35 p.m. on Sept. 11, in the 200 block of S. Locust St., officers were called for a report that two females were passed out near a vehicle in a parking lot. Drugs and paraphernalia were found in the vehicle.

On Sept. 12 at 2:18 a.m., in the 10 block of S. Poplar St., officers were flagged down for a female who was passed out in the grass outside of a Uptown business. She was found to be intoxicated, underage and in possession of a fake driver’s license. She was taken to the hospital and charged with all three offenses.

At 10:12 a.m. on Sept. 14, at the intersection of E. Church St. and University Ave., an officer stopped a pedestrian for an open container violation. The subject was found to be underage and was charged for both offenses.

Later that same day at 8:40 p.m., in the 300 drive of S. Locust St., two juveniles confronted another group of juveniles while at a local park. One of the juveniles left the scene and as the other was leaving one of the other individuals assaulted him.

On Sept. 15 at 2:54 a.m., in the 200 block of S. Main St., officers were called for a man who was sleeping in his car outside of an uptown residence. He was found to be intoxicated in the driver’s seat and was arrested.

At 4:50 a.m. on Sept. 15, in the 500 block of S. Poplar St., an individual reported an unconscious male in front of a residence. He was found to be heavily intoxicated and officers cited him for disorderly conduct.

smith646@miamioh.edu