Investigations continue after assault outside Brick Street Bar

The Oxford Police Department have arrested two of the suspects in the assault case outside of Brick Street Bar.

Oxford police are investigating a fight that took place between four people on Saturday, Sept. 7 outside Brick Street Bar on East High Street.

The fight happened at approximately 11:45 p.m. and ended with one individual being ushered to McCullough Hyde Hospital for his injuries, according to reporting by WLWT.

A video given to The Miami Student showed two shirtless men fighting two others in the street outside the bar. The start of the video showed one of the shirtless men punching another man and then lifting him up and slamming him onto the ground. He then continued to punch him before putting him in a chokehold.

As the fight went on, the line outside Brick looked on whilst bystanders filmed the scene.

During the chokehold, two bystanders attempted to break up the fight. When the man is let go, he unconsciously falls to the ground, hitting his head on the street.

The video ended with people checking on the unconscious man.

An officer on the scene said he was flagged down by an individual at the Oxford Police Department (OPD) regarding someone being jumped outside Brick, according to an OPD incident report.

The suspects fled westbound on East High Street, according to the OPD.

As of Sept. 15, police have arrested two suspects and taken them to the Butler County Jail: Jake Cameron, 19, for strangulation or suffocation and assault and Kyle Willging, 22, for assault.

The condition of the strangled victim is unknown.

stumbata@miamioh.edu