Conservation Progress Talk set for Monday, February 13

On Monday, February 13, the public is invited to join Alexis Faust, the executive director of Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm to learn more about this amazing facility in our backyard as she gives a talk entitled We’ve Come A Long Way Baby! Or Have We? The program takes place at 7:30 PM in the 2nd-floor conference room of the Lebanon Citizens National Bank at 30 West Park Place (next to Root Yoga). This event is free and open to the public.

Faust will discuss the state of conservation thirty years ago, where we are today, and what we might have to look forward to thirty years in our future. Faust is responsible for managing Aullwood's 200-acre nature sanctuary and working farm as part of The National Audubon Society. Aullwood serves 60,000 students annually in STEMing and educational field trips exploring nature and farming. Faust began her career at Princeton University as manager of the Princeton Materials Institute and the Princeton Center for Complex Materials, where an NSF grant sparked her passion for science education outreach. To pursue that interest she left Princeton to join Columbia University’s Biosphere 2 Center as head of public outreach. She was the Director of the Flandrau Science Center and planetarium in Tucson, Arizona and before coming to Aullwood, she was President and CEO of Taltree Arboretum and Gardens in northwest Indiana.

This program is sponsored by the Audobon Miami Valley Society. For more information about our local chapter of the society, check out their webpage here.