Vandals strike campus buildings

Bethany Bruner, News Editor

The Miami University Police Department (MUPD) is currently investigating several incidents of vandalism that occurred over the weekend.

On Saturday, MUPD officers received a call around 8 a.m. of vandalism on two pillars in the South Campus Parking Garage.

Around 8:45 a.m., graffiti was reported on the north side of the Rec Center. Reports indicate the graffiti was done between 8:30 p.m. Friday and 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

Around 10:30 a.m. Saturday, MUPD responded to graffiti found on the walls and floor of Bachelor Hall. This graffiti is thought to have been committed between 5 p.m. Friday and 10:20 a.m. Saturday.

At 11:20 a.m. Saturday, Graffiti was spotted on the east side of the Farmer School of Business and reported to MUPD. The graffiti was done between 5:30 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday.

At around 1:15 p.m. Sunday, MUPD responded to another graffiti call. This time the graffiti was located on walls, a door and stairwell walls leading from the North Campus Parking Garage and the Benton Hall stairwell.

Miami Director of Communications Claire Wagner said one instance of graffiti made reference to "99 percent," a slogan currently in use by "Occupy" protestors around the country. The other graffiti seems to have been incomprehensible, according to Wagner.

All these cases are listed as open by MUPD. The Miami Student will follow up on this story as details become available.