RedHawks take on Ball State in MAC finale

By Sadie Martinez, For The Miami Student

The Miami University women's field hockey team plays its last conference game of the season against Ball State University.

Ball State (5-10, 1-4 MAC) has lost its last three games to Kent State University (6-1), Ohio University (5-3) and Longwood University (1-0).

Ball State has a total of 27 goals this season, while Miami has 37 goals this season.

The RedHawks (6-11, 3-2 MAC) have already clinched a berth in the MAC Tournament, but have yet to secure their seed.

Senior back Ali Froede knows the team cannot get complacent with its position.

"We have a spot right now, but we need to keep our momentum going," Froede said. "We need to make sure we have a good seed in the tournament and that starts with a win this weekend."

The Cardinals can't make it to the MAC tournament, meaning this is their final game of the season.

"Ball State has nothing to lose," Froede said. " They are not going to the MAC Tournament, so they're going to bring whatever they have left and we have to be ready for that."

Senior back Gabby Goldach feels Ball State will come after the RedHawks with a desire to beat the two-time defending MAC Champions.

"It's going to be more challenging because it's a conference game and we are two- time MAC Champions," Goldach said. "If they were to beat us that would make their season because they aren't going to the tournament.

The 'Hawks travel to Muncie, Indiana 1 p.m. Saturday to face Ball State.