Staff

Male throws phone at ex-girlfriend

At 9 p.m. Wednesday, officers met with a Miami University junior who said she had been nearly struck by a cell phone thrown by her ex-boyfriend after a dispute.

The female reportedly told police a series of incidents occurred after she ended their relationship earlier in the day.

The male reportedly made several threats both directly and indirectly through text messaging and Facebook.

The male reportedly threw his phone at her because he was upset.

The female said she was just documenting the incident and did not want to press charges.

Suspicious male walks into student's home

At 12 p.m. Tuesday, officers met with a Miami University junior who reported an unknown male in his mid-fifties with a scruffy face came to her door asking about some recent repairs to her house.

She reportedly asked the male if he was going to fix the other problems she had reported to Oxford Real Estate. He reportedly appeared to know what she was talking about, so she let him in the house.

As she was showing him some of the problems, he reportedly came into her bedroom. The female student reportedly left the room first and he followed a short time after her.

Once the male left, the student reportedly noticed her cell phone and iPod were missing from her bedroom. She reportedly searched her entire room and could not find either of the items. She reportedly called the phone several times, but it was turned off.

The male's vehicle was reportedly a green sedan with a heavyset male with a white mustache behind the wheel.

Sophomore reports missing trees

At around 3:15 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, officers met with a Miami University sophomore on behalf of his fraternity.

The student reportedly told police that two trees in the front yard of the house at 224 E. Church St. had been cut down sometime between 3 a.m. and 9 a.m. that morning.

According to police reports, there was sawdust at the base of each tree indicating the use of a hacksaw.

No other damage was reported at the property and there are no suspects in the case.