Staff

Junior uses sister's driver's license

One Miami University student made an attempt to get out of parking fines, fees and a boot around 8 p.m. Tuesday. Junior Mary Caroline Christensen, 20, told a parking attendant she was her sister, Hallie Brandt Christensen, police reports said. The student was escorted to Oxford Police Department where she admitted to police that she had misidentified herself. Mary Caroline had her sister's operator's license, which police confiscated, police reports said. Christensen was issued a summons in lieu of arrest for obstructing official business.

Local man hands officers white pill

Police received a call from a concerned person around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday about a possible drug deal they witnessed. Police were told a man walked up to a second man in an orange Pontiac before exchanging unknown goods and going their separate ways. Police found the orange Pontiac in a mobile home park along with 27-year-old John Swem, the man who was described walking up to the car. Police asked Swem if he had anything on him. He responded, "Well actually I do," and pulled out folded aluminum foil with a white capsule inside, police reports said. Police asked Swem what it was and he replied, "Nothing, but I don't know what the foil is." The white capsule tested positive for methamphetamine and the man was arrested on a charge of possession of drugs, police reports said.