Staff, The Miami Student

Male attempts to buy condoms with fake bill

At around 3:30 a.m. Saturday, a male reportedly attempted to purchase condoms at Speedway with an "obviously counterfeit" $20 bill. When the clerk questioned him, the male reportedly grabbed the bill back from her and ran out the door.

Oxford Police Department officers stopped his vehicle a short time later. The male, later identified as Miami University student Jonathan Ashdown, 20, reportedly told officers he did not have his wallet. He reportedly said he had attempted to pay with an extra $20 bill he keeps in his center console for emergencies.

A female passenger of the car reportedly told officers she did not witness the male take money out of the console.

Officers reportedly searched the car and found a prescription bottle without a label in the vehicle. The bottle reportedly contained what was suspected to be a marijuana stem.

Ashdown reportedly gave officers consent to search his residence at 803 S. Locust St. According to police reports, officers found a pipe in the living room of the residence.

In Ashdown's bedroom officers reportedly found a plastic container with suspected marijuana residue along with drug paraphernalia and a jar of marijuana in a drawer. Officers also reportedly found two digital scales, a water bong and a second pipe. Ashdown was charged with attempted theft, drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Resident finds flaming bag of feces on porch

At around 1:55 p.m. Sunday, an Oxford Police Department officer responded to 116 E. Church St. in response to a fire on the porch. Upon arrival, the fire was reportedly out, but the officer noted there was a paper bag filled with dog feces on the porch.

One resident of the house reportedly told officers he witnessed two white, college-aged males on the porch knock on the door before running away.

No damage was caused to the porch.