Staff

Male stuffs purse in pants, receives citation

Around 1:15 a.m. Saturday, an Oxford police officer parked in the alleyway next to The Wood's Food and Spirits noticed a male stuffing a woman's purse in the front of his pants. The male then hurried to the door of The Wood's and received a 21 and up wristband at the door. The officer stopped the male, identified as Miami University first-year Alexander Meek, 18, and asked about the purse in his pants. Meek did not have an answer for the officer and when asked for his ID, fished around in his wallet and found his Illinois ID. Meek then said he was holding the purse for a friend because she didn't have money to pay the cover charge and if she didn't have a purse, she would have been able to enter the bar. Officers then found a Montana ID on Meek that had a different name and age on it. Meek said he got the ID from someone in Chicago.

Meek told officers at the Oxford Police Station that he had been drinking but "was not intoxicated." The friend verified Meek's story about the purse and Meek was cited with underage drinking and released.

Driver blows .180 after damaging car

Around 2:30 a.m. Sunday, an Oxford police officer responded to a hit-skip crash near the intersection of Spring and Main streets. Upon arrival, the officer was told that a tan SUV had driven away and turned into an alley or driveway. The car on the scene had significant damage and debris was in the road from both that car and a tan vehicle. There was fluid leaking and a trail going in the direction the SUV was believed to have traveled. The officer followed the trail to a parking lot where he found a tan and gold SUV with damage. A wheel of the SUV was off the axel and turned sideways, according to police reports.

The officer observed several open containers of beer in the vehicle. A male, identified as 19-year-old Brandon Greene, said he had been driving the SUV and didn't know where he was, but had come to an apartment building to keep warm. Greene had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. When officers asked him to perform field sobriety tests, Greene told them "I'll admit it, I'm intoxicated." Greene then failed multiple field sobriety tests. After being taken to the Oxford Police Department, Greene consented to a breath test and blew a .180, more than twice the legal limit.

Greene was cited for operating a vehicle without reasonable control, failure to stop, underage possession of alcohol and OVI.

Sexual threats abound as man is arrested

Around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, Oxford officers responded to Brick Street Bar and Grill for an intoxicated male who refused to leave after being asked by staff. The male was identified as Aaron Willis Mace who had four active warrants through the Oxford Police Department. Mace was taken to the Oxford Police Department and searched. In the right hip pocket of his undershorts, police officers found a small baggy with a white rock substance that appeared to be crack cocaine. A field test on the substance tested positive for cocaine. The sample is being sent to a crime lab for further analysis.

While in custody, Mace made volatile comments to officers, saying that once he got free he would have sex with the officers' wives and mothers.

After being moved to a police cruiser for transport to the Butler County Jail, Mace told officers that after he got out in three years, he would have sex with the officers' wives, mothers and daughters. Mace also said the Butler County Jail "was his home" and he does what he wants there.