Staff, The Miami Student

Male passes out waiting for friend

At around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oxford Police Department (OPD) officers were dispatched to the lobby of OPD in response to a male causing a disturbance.

According to police reports, a male was waiting for a friend who was in custody for an OVI arrest and kept attempting to open the door to the secured area of the department. The male was reportedly asked to stop multiple times by dispatch officers.

Officers reportedly found the male, later identified as Thomas Raker, 25, to be semi-conscious. According to reports, Raker had difficulty holding his head up, slurred speech and admitted he was too intoxicated to go anywhere.

Officers reportedly arranged for Raker to be picked up and was told to behave while he waited in the lobby for a ride.

Raker reportedly asked officers if he could visit his friend in the holding cell, but was denied. When officers returned to check on him, Raker had reportedly fallen asleep in a chair.

Officers were reportedly unsuccessful in attempts to wake Raker, who was lying in the fetal position on the rug in the lobby. When officers attempted to handcuff him, Raker reportedly mumbled to "f*ck off."

The life squad was reportedly summoned while Raker continued rolling around on the ground, cursing at the officers. When the life squad arrived, Raker reportedly physically resisted treatment.

While in the ambulance, Raker also reportedly kicked out a window and a metal cabinet.

Once Raker arrived at McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital, he reportedly had to be restrained. According to police reports, Raker screamed profanity at everyone he came in contact with.

Raker also reportedly threatened he would "f*cking kill everybody."

In order to complete tests, the hospital staff was reportedly forced to sedate Raker.

Raker was cited with criminal damaging, aggravated menacing and disorderly conduct before being transported to Butler County Jail.

Senior punches male, gets assault citation

At around 1 a.m. Tuesday, Oxford Police Department (OPD) officers driving in the alley behind 36 E. High St. reportedly witnessed two males walking, one of whom was bleeding profusely.

The life squad was reportedly called, and the male told officers he was punched in the face after bumping into another male outside a bar.

The suspect was reportedly described as short and athletic with red hair, and he had entered The Wood's Bar after the altercation. Officers were reportedly unable to locate the suspect inside the bar, but more witnesses came forward identifying the male as Miami University senior Patrick Hart, 21.

Officers attempted to visit Hart at his residence, but a housemate reportedly told officers he was not home.

At around 4:30 a.m., Hart reportedly called OPD and agreed to come into the station. He reportedly told officers that while approaching two males outside the bar they would not move out of his path.

Hart reportedly told officers the males made derogatory comments toward him and he struck one of them in the face. The victim reportedly sustained a broken nose.

Hart was cited for assault.