The grinch who stole education

At 8:50 a.m. on Nov. 10, a Kramer Elementary schoolteacher reported that someone had stolen multiple computer devices. It is believed that between 4 p.m. on Nov. 9 and 7:30 a.m. Nov 10, the suspect(s) broke into the school and stole iPads, MacBooks and a Keurig coffee maker. There were no signs of forced entry and the police are not sure how the building was breached. The surveillance camera only shows the custodian walking back and forth and there are no cameras outside of the school. The suspect(s) have not been identified.

Break in at Level 27

Around 9:30 p.m. on Nov. 10, four foreign exchange students reported a burglary at their apartment at Level 27. According to the students, the suspect broke in and stole purses, an iPad, boots and a credit card totaling $2,700 worth of goods. The student told officers that his credit card was then used to make a transaction at the Circle K gas station. Officers reviewed film of 52 transactions at the gas station and none of them matched the students account number. He then told OPD that he had canceled his card before a transaction could be made. The suspect has not been identified.

Forgetfulness not a felony

On Nov. 13 at 7:35 a.m., a female student reported her car stolen out of the Elm Street Apartment complex. She stated that she had parked her car in the western part of the lot on Nov. 11. Upon further inspection, the female had simply forgotten that she had moved her car. According to Sergeant Colyer of OPD, reports of stolen vehicles come very often and he urges students to try and remember where they have parked their car before reporting it stolen.