Staff, The Miami Student

First-year asks to be taken to county jail

At around 2 a.m.Wednesday, Oxford Police Department officers responded to 5262 Brown Rd. in response to a disturbance.

Upon arrival, officers reportedly witnessed a male staggering near a Toyota vehicle in the parking lot.

The male reportedly stumbled to the sidewalk before leaning against a railing.

According to police reports, the male told police "I'm not going to run."

The male, later identified as Miami University first-year Ryan Kuzner, 18, reportedly told officers he had been fighting with friends.

Kuzner was reportedly unsteady on his feet, had the odor of alcohol on his breath and slurred speech.

According to police reports, Kuzner was placed in a police cruiser when he started acting belligerent.

An officer reportedly told Kuzner one option was for him to be taken to the Butler County Jail. Kuzner reportedly replied, "Take me to the f*cking county jail."

Officers reportedly found an Ohio driver's license in Kuzner's wallet, which Kuzner admitted to stealing from the owner.

Officers reportedly also noticed a shattered back window on the Toyota vehicle in the parking lot.

A resident of the apartment complex reportedly witnessed Kuzner punching out the window.

Kuzner was cited for underage intoxication, criminal damaging and possession of a fake ID and was taken to Butler County Jail.

OPD finds pills, drugs, candy bar on suspect

At around 3:45 a.m. Wednesday, a neighbor called police regarding a suspicious male in the yard of 406 S. Main St.

The neighbor reportedly saw the male in the front yard, heard a banging noise and then the male disappeared before the lights in the house turned on.

Upon arrival, Oxford Police Department (OPD) officers reportedly found the front door open and heard rummaging upstairs.

Officers reportedly confronted the intruder, later identified as Miami Univeristy junior Stephen Rowe, and took him into custody.

According to police reports, officers found a plastic baggy of a substance believed to be marijuana and a pill bottle of what appeared to be Vicodin.

When asked what the pills were, Rowe reportedly said he did not know and they were not his.

Officers also reportedly found Rowe to be in possession of an iPod and a Snickers bar, which he admitted did not belong to him.

According to police reports, Rowe said he was in the house because he was looking for a friend. Rowe was arrested and taken to OPD.

At OPD, officers reportedly asked where he had gotten the iPod, and Rowe said he got it out of the house.

He reportedly said he did not remember where he got the candy bar and he did not know how he got the pills or marijuana.

Rowe was cited for burglary, theft and two counts of drug possession before being transported to Butler County Jail.