Male rushed to the hospital

At 2:31 a.m. Nov. 1, officers responded to a call from residents at 320 E. Vine St. The residents reported they discovered an unknown person passed out inside their home. Upon arriving to the house, the officers noticed that the subject was underage and heavily intoxicated. Because the male subject was unconscious, he was transported to the hospital for an assessment. The residents of 320 E. Vine St. were adamant that they did not want to press charges for burglary. They made it clear to officers that they were more concerned about a possible medical emergency with the male and that he had not harmed their home in anyway. The male was charged with Offenses Involving Underage Persons, Intoxication to a Harmful Condition and False Identification.

Assault on Church

At 1:51 a.m. Oct. 31, an officer was flagged down in the 100 block of E. Church St. when students noticed a fight breaking out. According to witnesses, one of the people involved in the fight was down. The fight broke up as the officer arrived. The officer observed a white male lying on the sidewalk on his back, seemingly unconscious. Several witnesses told the officer that the male had his head kicked in repeatedly by another male who ran north toward North Campus Avenue. They gave a detailed description of him and he was found moments later by another officer. Both the victim and the suspect were taken to the hospital for injuries. The suspect was charged with assault.

A gaming epidemic

On Oct. 30, two separate reports of stolen gaming consoles were reported to the Oxford Police Department. The first incident occurred at 12:29 p.m. at 604 Oxford Commons. The male resident stated that he had left his front door unlocked while he left for a class at Miami. He returned to find no forced entry to his apartment, but two gaming consoles and three games missing from his living room. No other items were damaged or missing at this time. Later that afternoon at 2:21 p.m. at 315 E. Withrow St., another male reported someone had entered his unlocked residence and stole his Xbox One and accessories. There are currently no suspects, but the investigation is ongoing.