Staff

Burglar steals coins from Acacia fraternity

Tuesday 1:30 p.m., the Oxford Police Department (OPD) met with a member of the Acacia fraternity in regards to a theft report. He stated that sometime between Saturday and Sunday, someone removed four Mason jars filled with coins from the mantle in the chapter room. He estimated the coins to be worth around $50.

Female vomiting in alley taken to the hospital

Tuesday 10:05 p.m., OPD responded to a report of a female passed out in the alley by Folletts Miami Co-op Bookstore on Poplar Street. When officers arrived, they met with the male and female who made the initial report. They explained that they had found her there and decided she needed help. An officer tapped the passed out female on the back to wake her up. She then began to vomit profusely, according to OPD. The female was transported to McCullough-Hyde Hospital and cited with underage intoxication, according to OPD.

Male falls into branch and police bumper

Wednesday 10:55 p.m., an Oxford Police Department officer standing outside the Poplar Street station observed a white male stumbling toward him. The officer extended his hand and the gentleman, who appeared unsteady on his feet, grabbed hold of police officer, according to OPD. The male then walked into a low hanging tree branch before falling into the front bumper of a car parked in front of the police department. The officer escorted him to the municipal building where he was able to identify the male as sophomore Alexander Henry, according to OPD. When the officer asked if he had been drinking Henry replied "yeah, I'm with you." Henry was also found to be in possession of a fake Pennsylvania ID. He was cited with sales to and use by underage persons and Certain Acts Prohibited, according to OPD.