Stolen Identity

At 12:26 p.m. Tuesday, a male came to the Oxford Police Department to report that his identity had been stolen. When applying to rent an apartment Uptown, the rental company ran a credit check on the male which found that he owed nearly $1,000 to Verizon Wireless in unpaid bills. The male had called Verizon and they informed him that the account had been opened at the Verizon store in Oxford using his social security number and his previous address. The male he believed his former roommate was likely the one who had opened the fraudulent account. He also mentioned that he does have a phone from Verizon Wireless, but that it is registered through his family's account. The investigation is ongoing.

The Scrapper

At 2:06 p.m. on Sept. 20, an officer noticed a female at 21 E. High St. The female was being disorderly and shouting obscene comments at people walking down High Street. The officer stopped the female and asked her for her license. Upon handing it over to him, she tried to take the license back from the officer. The officer suspected the female was intoxicated and preceded to place the female under arrest. While he tried to arrest her, the female attempted to pull away and hindered officers in their attempt to handcuff her. The female was transported to the police station and she refused to sit down. She then attacked an officer by kicking him in the chest and scratching his arm. The female was charged with Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Obstructing Official Business and Resisting Arrest.