An "alleged" date night at UDF

At 12:46 a.m. Friday, an officer on patrol on South Beech street observed a male and female standing on the sidewalk with a bottle of wine next to them. The male student then walked into the UDF, leaving the female looking confused. The officer exited his vehicle as the female followed the male into the UDF, leaving the bottle of wine alone on the sidewalk. The officer waited some time for the two to exit, but they did not. The officer took the wine bottle off the sidewalk and into the UDF to ascertain if the wine was sold there and found that it was. The officer found the male whose bottle it was and asked for his ID, which the officer immediately recognized as fake. The male then tried to blame his female companion for the purchase, at which point the officer transported the male to the OPD station. The male repeatedly used the word "allegedly," stating that he "allegedly" was from Cleveland, that he "allegedly" was a freshman and was "allegedly" 18. He was cited with Certain Acts Prohibited and Offenses Involving Underage Persons and taken to his "alleged" residence hall.

Miami professor cited for offensive behavior

At 12:43 a.m. on Sunday, an officer arrived on the scene of a car crash. He was the second officer to respond, and as he was exiting his vehicle, a female driver yelled, "I see you messing with black people! All OPD is good for is harassing young black men!" at him. He told the female to move along, and she responded with an expletive directed at the officer, then accelerated rapidly, causing her tires to squeal loudly. The officer re-entered his vehicle and chased the female until she stopped in the driveway of her home. The officer exited his vehicle and walked toward the female, who was still in the driver's seat. He asked for her license and insurance, to which she responded with another expletive and stated that she had done nothing wrong and therefore did not need to produce those items. Another officer arrived on the scene and the two of them were able to place the female's hands in handcuffs after a short struggle, while the female repeatedly called the officers offensive names. She refused to enter the police car and had to be forced into the vehicle. She was charged with Squealing Tires, Driving under a Suspended License, Failure to Provide Personal Information, Obstructing Official Business and Resisting Arrest and was transferred to Butler County Jail, where it was found that she is a Miami professor.