Staff

Warrant leads to marijuana bust, arrest for student

Around 1 p.m. Thursday, officers responded to Arrowhead Drive in an attempt to carry out an arrest. Officers were seeking Miami University senior Catherine Wallace, 22. Wallace had a warrant out for a traffic violation. When officers arrived, they smelled fresh marijuana. The door to the apartment was unlocked and when officers entered, they observed water pipes in front of the television. Wallace confirmed there was marijuana.

While in her living room, officers saw four water pipes with residue, five glass pipes with residue, one glass bowl with residue, one silver grinder with residue, three glass jars filled with marijuana, two straws with white powder residue, a metal spoon and four plastic bags filled with marijuana.

Officers took Wallace back to the station where she claimed she didn't know where any of the marijuana came from. She said she just suffered two concussions from club soccer and was on six prescription medications.

She also claimed she didn't know what the white powder was in the straws. Officers got a search warrant and went back to her apartment again. When they went back, they found more marijuana and pills that Wallace said were her boyfriend's. Wallace was charged with drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs.

Male arrested after urinating near Speedway

Around 12 a.m. Saturday, an Oxford Police Department officer noticed a group of males behind Speedway "messing around." The officer was around the corner and monitoring their activities. The officer witnessed one of the males urinating. The officer then went to talk to the man urinating. The man was identified as Miami University first-year, Matthew Corder, 19. Corder wasn't of age and claimed he wasn't drinking.

When Corder walked, officers claimed he was walking "loose." Officers took him to jail and put him in a holding cell. In the cell, he fell asleep on the toilet. He fell off with his pants around his ankles, according to reports.

After the citations were processed, police went to let him know and he was passed out again on the toilet. After they woke him up, he vomited for five minutes. He was released and cited for disorderly conduct and underage intoxication.