Staff

Male drives wildly, fails sobriety test

At around 12:20 a.m. Thursday, police on patrol observed a black Mitsubishi make a wide turn from College Avenue onto West High Street.

The officer reportedly followed the vehicle onto Elm Street, where the driver attempted to park.

Once the car was parked, the passengers reportedly got out and stood near the back of the car.

The driver reportedly stood near his door and turned away with his hands behind his back as the officer approached.

He was identified as Miami University junior Jonathan Adam, 21.

Adam reportedly told the officer he was going to Sycamore Street and said he had consumed alcoholic beverages at Sushi Nara earlier in the night.

He reportedly had watery eyes and a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

Adam reportedly told the officer he believed he was somewhere near the intersection of Sycamore and Talawanda streets.

According to police reports, Adam performed poorly on field sobriety tests and a Breathalyzer test found his blood-alcohol content to be .24.

Adam was cited for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving on the wrong side of the roadway.

Junior finds two broken windows

At 3 a.m. Saturday, officers responded to the 300 block of North Bishop Street regarding a criminal mischief complaint from a Miami

University junior.

The student reportedly told police several members of the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity had been trying to get inside his residence.

According to police reports, the fraternity members broke two windows and the front door knob before they ran in different directions when officers arrived.

Fraternity reports stolen speaker

At 12:05 p.m. Monday, officers met with members of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity regarding a theft from their Tallawanda Street residence.

The members of the fraternity reported a speaker was removed from the lower level of the house sometime between 6 p.m. Sept 24 and 8 p.m. Sept. 25.

According to police reports, an unknown person entered the residence through an unlocked basement door.

There are suspects in the case at this time.