Staff

No luck for truck: car kicker is on the loose

Early Saturday morning, a Lincoln Avenue resident called OPD after she witnessed a male kick a truck three times, causing damage to the hood and the rear driver's side door. The male was in a group with two other "college-aged" males, according to OPD. When officers arrived, the suspect ran toward College Avenue and managed to evade officers. The suspect was described as white, averagely built and wearing khaki shorts. The truck owner has filed a report regarding the vehicle damage.

Cited driver cries identity fraud, OPD unsure

In June, an OPD officer said he observed a black Pontiac Sunfire driving east in the 300 block of W. High St., speeding 20 mph above the posted 25 mph limit. The vehicle was pulled over and the driver was unable to produce identification, according to OPD. Instead, he gave the officer his name. In July, the officer who executed the stop received an alleged email from the person who received the violation in June. The email stated that someone else had been driving the car that June day and had falsely given his name. The officer investigated and found a BMV image of the driver and recognized him to indeed be the same man to whom he had issued a ticket in June. Warrants have been issued for identity fraud, falsification, obstruction of official business, and speed.

OPD finds car driving blind, driver impaired

An OPD officer was traveling down Fairfield Road early Wednesday morning when he noticed an approaching vehicle with only its parking lights lit. The officer said he believed the car to be speeding. The car struck a curb, violently bounced off the road and veered back into it, according to OPD.

The cruiser turned around and executed a stop just south of the entrance to the Tri Community Center. The officer noticed the driver, Miami University senior Lauren Weske's slurred speech and could smell alcohol on her breath, according to OPD. Weske was placed under arrest after a poor performance in field sobriety tests. After placing Weske in the cruiser, the officer inspected her vehicle to find damage and yellow paint transfer to the side wheel covers.

At the station, Weske's BAC was measured at .206. She was charged with failure to control, no headlights, and OVI. She was taken to Butler County Jail.