<p>There has been a change in MUPD safety bulletins to include anti-victim blaming language. </p>

There has been a change in MUPD safety bulletins to include anti-victim blaming language.

Shots mistaken for fireworks

OPD received a report on Sunday, March 15 concerning a shooting at 5032 College Corner Pike. A female reported that she was standing on the breezeway of her apartment on Thursday, March 12, when she witnessed a male fire a handgun at her boyfriend from the bushes surrounding the apartment complex parking lot. The female and her boyfriend told responding officers that the sound had come from fireworks thrown out of a neighboring apartment and did not report the shooting until finding a bullet hole in the front fender of her car. The investigation is ongoing.

Road rage

At 1:47 a.m. Saturday, March 14, an OPD officer responded to the parking lot of Rachel Apartments at 2 W. Spring St. after hearing what sounded like a vehicle crashing and a male yelling violently.

The officer witnessed the male leaning into the passenger side door of a light blue Chrysler, yelling at a female in the drivers seat. The female moved out of the car and proceeded to punch the male in the face. The male fought back and threw the female into the back seat, where the two continued to fight until the officer separated the couple and pinned the male to the back of the car.

The officer detected the scent of alcohol on both male and female, and they identified each other as brother and sister. The sister, whom the officer identified as a Miami University student, continued to tell the officer that nothing was wrong, but that she could not say any more without her father or lawyer. Both were taken into custody, charged with domestic violence and transported to the Butler county jail.

Fake fed threatens student

At 4:22 p.m. on Friday, March 13, OPD received a report from a female Miami University student who said a caller, who identified himself as a representative of the Internal Revenue Service and the Oxford Police Department, contacted her. The caller threatened to put a warrant out for her arrest if she did not immediately money-wire hundreds of dollars to him. The victim had already sent $950 before a Wal Mart employee informed her that it was a scam. The investigation is ongoing.