<p>There has been a change in MUPD safety bulletins to include anti-victim blaming language. </p>

There has been a change in MUPD safety bulletins to include anti-victim blaming language.

Man beats woman with beer bottle

At 4:34 a.m. on Thursday, March 12, OPD dispatch responded to a report of gunshots fired at 5032 College Corner Pike. Officers realized the supposed gunshots were no more than fireworks being thrown out of a window; however, upon arrival the officers came across a male hitting a female in the head with a beer bottle. After running his name, the officers discovered that the man had a warrant out for his arrest and took him in to custody.

Roommate credited with fraud

At 1:30 p.m. on Monday, March 9 in the OPD lobby, an officer responded to a complaint concerning the misuse of credit and debit cards. The victim, a Miami University student, stated that someone had used both her debit and credits cards without her permission. The victim went home on March 7 where her parents questioned her extensive credit and debit card use. Since September 2014, the student's debit and credit cards have amassed expenses of $1160.50 and $4959.50, respectively.

The victim's roommate is suspected.

But is it art?

At 10:34 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10, Oxford police department (OPD) officers responded to the brick wall between 33 E. High St. and Insomnia Cookies where vulgar comments concerning a man named Logan were penned in blue marker. There are no suspects at this time.