Staff

BW-Three customers eat wings, take flight

At 1:30 a.m. Sunday, OPD officers were dispatched to Buffalo Wild Wings, 10 E. Walnut St, in response to three patrons who had left without paying their bill.

The party's waiter told OPD three diners out of a group of 12 had dashed, leaving their bills of $14.35, $21.18 and $3.75 unpaid. The group had been there for a birthday party for a female who was still at the restaurant.

The birthday girl told Buffalo Wild Wings' management she knew the suspects, and offered to pay their outstanding bills. However, the suspects have been contacted and informed they must pay their tabs, OPD said.

Failure to do so may result in charges filed. No word on whether that includes tip.

OPD serves warrant to wanted woman

While investigating a "suspicious vehicle" located in the 5000 block of College Corner Pike, OPD officers found a female in the passenger seat who faced outstanding warrants from the Butler County Sheriff's Office. Other vehicle occupants confirmed this, her warrants were verified by the officers and she was taken to Butler County Jail.

Over the river, but not through The Wood's

At 2 a.m. Sunday, an OPD officer noticed an argumentative male in front of The Wood's, 17 N. Poplar St. He had been refused entry and was disputing that with staff.

The officer approached the male and asked him for proper identification. The suspect refused, according to OPD, and the officer asked again. Again, the male refused.

Judging the male to be highly intoxicated, the officer said he was worried for his safety. When asked his age, the male said he was 19. Quickly, the male became loud and belligerent, asking friends to bother the officer.

Because of his intoxication and disruptive behavior, he was placed under arrest. When the officer attempted to move the suspect to the cruiser, he refused, grabbed the exit gate and began to push away. His friends attempted to interfere in the situation, despite the officer's verbal warnings to cease. After ordering the onlookers to step back, the officer again attempted to get the male into the cruiser, according to OPD.

Again unwilling, the male shoved the officer and attempted to run. The officer immediately grabbed the male and put him in handcuffs. While doing so, the officer noticed two over-21 wristbands on the male's wrist.

With the help of two additional officers, the male was placed in the cruiser and taken to the station. The male admitted to using an expired license not belonging to him to obtain the wristbands. Officers then found his Ohio driver's license, which indicated he was 20 years old.

He was cited with sales to and use by underage persons, resisting arrest, and certain acts prohibited. He was released.